Station Programming Manager - Position Description
5PM Monday 16th March 2020
All applications are to be submitted online
$28/hr plus 9.5% Superannuation & Pro-Rata Annual Leave
30 week contract position
10 hours per week + Compulsory (Paid) attendance at Events and/or Training when required
All persons holding paid positions are required to become financial members of Keppel FM.
Bonus: For successfully finishing the full contract through to completion of the 30 weeks, you will receive any remaining balance of Sick Leave (ProRata 10 days).
Keppel FM Community Radio Station,
78 John St (Next to the Community Centre)
Yeppoon QLD 4703
Keppel FM 91.3 is the only community radio station on the Capricorn Coast. Our licensed area covers Yeppoon – North to Byfield – West toward Rockhampton – South to Emu Park.
We broadcast to air 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including 16 hours a day of locally produced and locally relevant programs. Statistics show that 30 percent of radio listeners, listen to community radio.
As well as going to the airwaves we operate a modern Outside Broadcasting Unit, available to businesses and individuals for promotional events and as a regular contributing support to many community events.
Keppel FM is an equal-opportunity employer, with strong gender, cultural and ability inclusion and equity practices, and welcomes applications from all persons with the relevant qualifications and/or expertise.
GOAL 1: To be the pre-eminent community voice on the Capricorn Coast -
GOAL 2: To deliver only the very best quality in local community broadcasting content
GOAL 3: To create employment opportunities within our region by leveraging our capabilities within the broadcast sector
GOAL 4: To be a provider of volunteer opportunities for all members of our community, regardless of ability or background
Keppel FM have received a funding grant to employ a Station/Programming Manager for 10 hours a week, on a 30 week contract.
STATION-PROGRAMMING MANAGER – The Station Programming Manager oversees the overall station operations, programming and coordination. There can be a remote component, but it is expected that the majority of the role will be completed on-site. Some weekend work and outside normal hours will be required.
Reports directly to the Management Committee. Has team members: Studio-Audio Technician and Announcers reporting directly to this position.
- Assist & Report to Management Committee – monthly meetings (agenda, minutes, meeting notices)
- Answering phone calls and public enquiries, and follow up on recorded messages.
- Attend to emails, responses, filing, forwarding appropriately.
- Actively engage with the marketing and community officer to identify community broadcasting content, and then coordinate station resources to assist the organisation’s development of the content to broadcasting quality.
- Assist the management committee in recruiting new announcers, in particular those with content to offer covering cultural diversity, local arts and music, local youth content, local current affairs, and general content that is aimed at community engagement, in line with our Inclusion & Equity Policy.
- Assist announcers to develop content with strong engagement with community services such as local councils, community groups, schools, emergency services, sporting and multicultural organisations.
- Assist announcers in preparing spoken word content, including preparation of scripts and general program planning.
- Provide leads from existing contact networks for potential Station Sponsors, to the Marketing and Community Engagement Officer.
- Attend training as directed/required.
- Previous management experience in a media organisation, preferably Community Media, or similar
- The ability to be responsible for the overall programming and broadcast quality of the station.
- The ability to meet and greet people presenting to the radio as Sponsors or Members and to provide the relevant information and documentation to recruit their sponsorship and/or membership.
- The ability to maintain hard copy and electronic records of all business relations with the radio.
- The ability to be punctual, reliable and organised when maintaining office procedures and information.
- The ability to monitor and action phone contact and emails, as required to ensure the business operations of the radio.
- The ability to use software packages in accordance with the role responsibilities listed above.
- The desire and ability to work towards, and guide others in working to achieve, the Corporate Goals.
- The ability to work cooperatively with other staff to achieve organisational objectives.
HOW TO APPLY
- You will be required to
- attach a current resume,
- complete a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are an ideal candidate,
- provide contact details for 2 referees and
- address each selection criteria with a short response.
- All applications must be submitted online via the secure electronic form below.
- Applications will be received and shortlisted for interview
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and an interview time arranged
- Interviews will be assessed against the selection criteria
- Interview reports will be documented and an applicant will be selected for an offer of employment
- An offer will be made to the successful applicant, for acceptance or decline. The applicant will be notified within 2 weeks following the interview.
- Upon the successful applicant declining the offer the next successful applicant may be considered.
Online Application for Station Programming Manager