Marketing & Community Engagement - Position Description
5PM Monday 11th May 2020
All applications are to be submitted online
$19.50/hr plus 9.5% Superannuation & Pro-Rata Annual Leave
30 week contract position
9 hours per week + Compulsory (Paid) attendance at Events and/or Training when required
All persons holding paid positions are required to become financial members of Keppel FM.
Bonus: For successfully finishing the full contract through to completion of the 30 weeks, you will receive any remaining balance of Sick Leave (ProRata 10 days).
Keppel FM Community Radio Station,
78 John St (Next to the Community Centre)
Yeppoon QLD 4703
Keppel FM 91.3 is the only community radio station on the Capricorn Coast. Our licensed area covers Yeppoon – North to Byfield – West toward Rockhampton – South to Emu Park.
We broadcast to air 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including 16 hours a day of locally produced and locally relevant programs. Statistics show that 30 percent of radio listeners, listen to community radio.
As well as going to the airwaves we operate a modern Outside Broadcasting Unit, available to businesses and individuals for promotional events and as a regular contributing support to many community events.
Keppel FM is an equal-opportunity employer, with strong gender, cultural and ability inclusion and equity practices, and welcomes applications from all persons with the relevant qualifications and/or expertise.
GOAL 1: To be the pre-eminent community voice on the Capricorn Coast -
GOAL 2: To deliver only the very best quality in local community broadcasting content
GOAL 3: To create employment opportunities within our region by leveraging our capabilities within the broadcast sector
GOAL 4: To be a provider of volunteer opportunities for all members of our community, regardless of ability or background
Keppel FM have received a funding grant to employ a Marketing and Community Engagement Officer for 9 hours a week, on a 30 week contract. This position will be responsible for recruiting station sponsors in support of the local business community and managing our community events engagement with our Outside Broadcast van. Note: The successful applicant will be required to be available for some weekend and after-hours work.
MARKETING AND COMMUNITY ENGAGMENT OFFICER – The role of the Marketing and Community Engagement Officer is to canvas local business sponsorships to promote local businesses in the area and to keep engaged with community events and announcement opportunities. This contributes to the community broadcasting content and localisation of on air announcements. Processing of sponsorships and maintaining communication with sponsors is also part of this role.
- Reports to: Office Financial Manager
- Provide Weekly reports outlining activities and results to the Direct Manager.
- Provide Monthly reports summarising activities and results to the Management Committee
- Maintain a list of active memberships and sponsorships and a list of potential sponsorships by developing local business knowledge and networks.
- Develop a sales pack of information and forms to promote and canvas new sponsors.
- Maintain communication with sponsors/potential sponsors to recruit sponsorship and develop promotion content.
- Assist with the OB van appearances
- Liaise with the Treasurer re: Invoicing and payments and ensure processing of paperwork through office manager.
- Liaise with community groups, and organise/suggest community announcements in conjunction with the Audio Technician/Broadcasting Coordinator.
- Attend training as directed/required.
- The ability to present well with an outgoing and engaging personality.
- A willingness to be proactive in the development of local business networks and knowledge to formulate a list of potential local business sponsorships to promote local businesses.
- Familiarity with appropriate digital assets, including but not limited to social media, to complement the in-person component of the role
- The ability to complete and maintain sponsorship records and to work in partnership with the office manager and the Studio-Audio technician, and relevant personnel, regarding the new sponsorship content and maintaining relationships.
- The ability to work towards key performance goals to ensure optimal sponsorship numbers, meeting KPIs.
- The ability to keep up to date with community events, and opportunities to promote the station and local community content.
- The ability to work cooperatively with other staff to achieve organisational objectives.
HOW TO APPLY
- You will be required to
- attach a current resume,
- complete a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are an ideal candidate,
- provide contact details for 2 referees and
- address each selection criteria with a short response.
- All applications must be submitted online via the secure electronic form below.
- Applications will be received and shortlisted for interview
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and an interview time arranged
- Interviews will be assessed against the selection criteria
- Interview reports will be documented and an applicant will be selected for an offer of employment
- An offer will be made to the successful applicant, for acceptance or decline. The applicant will be notified within 2 weeks following the interview.
- Upon the successful applicant declining the offer the next successful applicant may be considered.
Online Application for Marketing & Community Engagement Officer
This round of applications has closed. If a successful applicant is not found, the position will be re-advertised. Thank you for your interest.